Sunday, January 24, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- SWORN TO SILENCE - Linda Castillo - St. Martin's Minotaur (Linda has always been one of my favorite authors. I've devoured her catagory books and her single title....but her move to hardcover is impressive. A gritty suspense set in the Amish world. I love it!
- I CAN SEE YOU - Karen Rose - Grand Central Publishing (No one does romantic suspense better.
- THE UNEXPECTED HERO - Rachel Lee - Silhouette Romantic Suspense (One of my favorite series take place in Conard County and when Rachel Lee returned to her roots with this series in 2008, I knew I'd be hooked. This second entry in the return to Conard County is quinesential Lee. Wonderfully romantic with the right touch of suspense.
- TOUCH OF HEAVEN - Maureen Smith - Kimani Romance (Maureen is my absolute favorite author. She has never written a bad book; each new one demonstrating her continued growth as an author. Her suspense are my favorites, but Touch of Heaven, a straight romance, just drew me in with its wit and emotion - A perfect, sexy romance!)
- SIZZLING SEDUCTION - Gwyneth Bolton - Kimani Romance (I love Gwyneth, not only as a person, but an authors. She writes the kind of romance I enjoy and the final book in the Hightower series just....sizzles.
- BLACK HILLS - Nora Roberts - Putman (After a few just good releases, Nora Roberts hits her stride again with Black Hills. I read it in one day and hated when I closed the last page. How does she keep doing it?
- DAKOTA CHILD - Linda Ford - Love Inspired Historical (I love my sexy, hot books, but the Love Inspired line faces me to focus on my often shaky relationship with God. Add a line up of talented authors (I'm enjoyed every single LIH release), a excellent story telling and two releases each month (I read them first), and LIH is a line no one should miss.
Favorite Book Series
- THE PERFECT TRILOGY (The Perfect Couple, The Perfect Murder, The Perfect Liar)- Brenda Novak
- Star Trek
- Sherlock Holmes
- The Princess & The Frog
- Law & Order Special Victims Unit
- The Closer
- So You Think You Can Dance?
First of all, let me wish everyone a Blessed New Year! 2009 has passed and we’ve entered a new year. It’s a time for change and a time to embrace the possibilities. 2009 was a trying year for me…as an author and in my professional life as a teacher. I know 2010 will be much much better. I dream of writing full time, but as most individuals know, though writing make your life a lot more comfortable, it can’t pay the bills…unless you have one of those contract that make in possible. Until I can get into the single title market, I can’t see that happening in the near future. However, until then, I’m happy to write for Kimani Romance.
During 2009, after taking a year’s break from writing in 2008, I received a new three-book contract from Kimani Romance and one from Parker Publishing for a novella. The novella will be part of a NAUGHTY GIRLS IN BADGES anthology scheduled for publication in June 2010, My novella is By Her Command, a story which I really enjoyed writing and one which challenged me as a writer. I’ve always written stories between 250 – 300 pages and this one was 75 pages. I could not image writing a complete love story in 75 pages, but I did it and my editor says she loves it!!!
After By Her Command, October 2010 will see the release of MIDNIGHT KISSES, the third book in the Buchanan Brothers series. MIDNIGHT KISSES is Daniel Buchanan’s story and is a story of love and healing. Three years after the death of his wife and daughter, Daniel still grieves for them, but then he meets Renee Walker. Renee challenges him to embrace his healing, love the person he has become and take a second chance on love. I believe that MIDNIGHT KISSES is my best story today and hope readers love it as much as I do.
In 2011, two stories will follow. Troy and George, two secondary characters from my Knight Trilogy, will have their own stories. I'm currently working on TEMPTING TROY!
WEBSITES AND FORUMS
Remember to continue to visit Romance in Color, a website I created over ten years ago to support African-American romance authors., and features interviews, reviews and ratings of book as far back as 1999. I’ve always been an advocate for the AA romance and RIC has been my vehicle to do this.
Be sure to also visit the Kimani forum in the Harlequin Community where readers and authors come together to discuss the books from this wonderful line. While I love the fact that readers support me here, I believe that we need to also support the authors collectively and the Kimani forum is a great place to do this. During 2010, I have some special plans. I’m hoping to have all of the Kimani Hotties in to discuss their contribution to this wonderful multi-author promotion. Carmen Green will be our first guest in 2010. In February, there will be a special.
Kimani/Desire chat with Brenda Jackson to celebrate the release of the 2000th Silhouette Desire. Ms. Jackson has been given this honor and this is a clear indication of the success of the AA authors. Authors like Brenda, Rochelle Alers, Donna Hill and Gwynne Forster continue to create wonderfully written romances which exemplify the best in romance writing.
In July 2010, I will be in Nashville to attending the Romance Writers of American annual conference and look forward to seeing my authors friends and others who are members of the organization.
In a few months, my new website will launch along with other online resources to assist with counting down to my 2010 releases. I’m working on bringing something bold and vivid that reflects my personality and the kind of stories I like to write. I’ll post the cover art as soon as I get copies of them.
I would like to thank all those who continue to support me and look forward to bring more joy into your lives. God bless and may you have a year filled with happiness, love and joy!