Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009 FAVORITES

BOOKS

  • SWORN TO SILENCE - Linda Castillo - St. Martin's Minotaur (Linda has always been one of my favorite authors. I've devoured her catagory books and her single title....but her move to hardcover is impressive. A gritty suspense set in the Amish world. I love it!
  • I CAN SEE YOU - Karen Rose - Grand Central Publishing (No one does romantic suspense better.
  • THE UNEXPECTED HERO - Rachel Lee - Silhouette Romantic Suspense (One of my favorite series take place in Conard County and when Rachel Lee returned to her roots with this series in 2008, I knew I'd be hooked. This second entry in the return to Conard County is quinesential Lee. Wonderfully romantic with the right touch of suspense.
  • TOUCH OF HEAVEN - Maureen Smith - Kimani Romance (Maureen is my absolute favorite author. She has never written a bad book; each new one demonstrating her continued growth as an author. Her suspense are my favorites, but Touch of Heaven, a straight romance, just drew me in with its wit and emotion - A perfect, sexy romance!)
  • SIZZLING SEDUCTION - Gwyneth Bolton - Kimani Romance (I love Gwyneth, not only as a person, but an authors. She writes the kind of romance I enjoy and the final book in the Hightower series just....sizzles.
  • BLACK HILLS - Nora Roberts - Putman (After a few just good releases, Nora Roberts hits her stride again with Black Hills. I read it in one day and hated when I closed the last page. How does she keep doing it?
  • DAKOTA CHILD - Linda Ford - Love Inspired Historical (I love my sexy, hot books, but the Love Inspired line faces me to focus on my often shaky relationship with God. Add a line up of talented authors (I'm enjoyed every single LIH release), a excellent story telling and two releases each month (I read them first), and LIH is a line no one should miss.

Favorite Book Series

  • THE PERFECT TRILOGY (The Perfect Couple, The Perfect Murder, The Perfect Liar)- Brenda Novak
FAVORITE MOVIES

  • Star Trek
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Precious
  • The Princess & The Frog
FAVORITE TV

  • Law & Order Special Victims Unit
  • The Closer
  • So You Think You Can Dance?

No comments: